Friday, February 20, 2009

You think you know but you have no idea

I don't believe in coincidence. Although trite, 'everything happens for a reason' is something I believe wholeheartedly (Romans 8:28, Ecclesiastes 3:1-7) . God is sovereign. He created the universe. He is ultimately in control of everything around it. He is the only Ruler, the King of kings, and Lord of lords (1 Timothy 6:15) . His throne is in the heavens, and His kingdom rules over all (Psalms 103:19) . He sustains the whole universe by His powerful word (Nehemiah 9:6 ; Hebrews 1:3 ). The government of the entire universe is His (Deuteronomy 10:14; Psalm 135:6; Daniel 4:35). Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart ( Jeremiah 1:5 ) Yes, granted he did allow us free will. No I don't know or understand how they work together, mainly because the bible doesn't tell us how they do. All the bible tells us is that free will and God's sovereignty exist. For me, it's easy for me to be okay with because I don't understand how vcrs, the internet, cars, gchat, or a lot of other worldly things work. And besides, my brain is tiny tiny tiny compared to the knowledge of God, His thoughts are far beyond my thoughts, His ways are far beyond mine (Isaiah 55:8-9) And plus , this is faith so we will never know all of the answers, duh!

So, over the next few weeks I want to give you a window into my life so you can hopefully get an idea how God is in control of everything and truly cares about the details of our life. The next few blogs will contain short stories about how God has been working in my life, and will consist of the following:

Short Story 1- Fairy Godmother?!
Short Story 2- Money, Money, Money, Money, MON-EH!


No comments:

Post a Comment