Thursday, August 18, 2011

Best FBook Mobile Upload of 2011!


The above was in my news feed circa the evening of July 28 2011. Note: I have blotted out the names to maintain privacy and reduce my chances of getting defriended haha.

Anyways, I wanted to share this because in my opinion this is by far the BEST mobile upload of 2011 hands down. Typically, when people upload a mobile photo to the facebook it's to brag. " I'm in a helicopter in Hawaii"... "She said yes!"..."Homemade dinner of steak and taters"..."Front row Nats game”, etc . Other times, people upload a mobile photo to showcase a "FAIL" moment or complain about a circumstance. While these can all be somewhat entertaining, when have you seen someone unintentionally promote the gospel?!

I guess it's true when people say there is no such thing as bad publicity. I mean sure this person's intention was certainly not to share the gospel, but check out the next picture this person uploaded. The caption was " weird business card the refrigerator repair man left”


When I saw this, I remember having the following reactions

Rocks Cry Out = Facebook
GOD is sovereign ya’ll. He will find, make, and create a way for the gospel to be known. It is our responsibility as Christians to share the gospel with all nations (Matthew 28:19-20). However, if we as Christians can’t get over our fear of people and tell them about the most important thing in our life, He will have the rocks cry out! And in this case, Facebook cried out.

"When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!” Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!” “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” (Luke 19:37-38)

Motives are Irrelevant
I am not sure what this person’s motive was for posting these photos…attention? venting? trying to be funny? boredom? ….but it doesn’t matter. At the end of the day God was able to take this event and turn it into good. The gospel was shared with potentially hundreds of friends that saw this in a news feed.

“It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. “ (Philipians 1:15-18)

Keep Planting Seeds
I would be willing to bet my life savings that when Darren left his "business card" for my fbook friend, he never expected 1.) that person to share the card with his/her fbook friends 2.) me to write a blog post about it. Folks, we never know where are efforts to share the gospel will go. Yes it stinks that often times, we never see any tangible results, but don't give up!!! The Lord is capable of doing more than we could ever ask or imagine. So keep on planting your seeds, and know that God will take care of the rest

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9)

Darren, if you are out there, thanks for being bold. You have way more courage than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment